Life of the Party Soaps
Bath Bomb Base - 64 oz.
Take out the guesswork! Our bath bomb base is premeasured with each necessary ingredient.
No need to buy pounds and pounds of powders and be stuck with left overs.
Adult use only.
Bath Bombs are fun to make but can be temperamental and take a little practice.
Here are some hints that may help your bath bomb journey:
- Crumbling bath bombs are usually because your base is not moist enough. Adding more water (very little at a time) will give the base a moister texture and may help prevent crumbling. If your bath bomb gets cracks after it’s been in the mold, it may be that your base was too wet and it expanded as it was molded.
- Soft or mushy bath bombs can be an indication you added too much water. If you use a lot of liquid color in your base, you may not need water at all. Your environment can also affect the process. A humid room or climate may prevent the bath bomb from drying completely hard. If your environment is humid you may want to add your wet ingredients in very small increments.
- Little bumps on your hardened, dried bath bomb sometimes are a result of too much moisture and/or clumpy ingredients. Make sure when preparing your base you break up all the small clumps in the powder mixture. Be sure to also really blend in the wet ingredients so you base in uniformly the same consistency.
BULK SIZE: 4 lb size for making lots of bath bombs.
SAFETY TESTED: We test to US FDA & Canada cosmetic standards.
PACKAGING: Convenient storage container, keeps base fresh and clean between uses.
MADE IN THE USA: Exclusively formulated and manufactured right here in the US by Life of the Party....High quality products from a name you can trust.
Sodium Bicarbonate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Citric Acid.
Protect your work area. Each standard round bath bomb from mold M218 will use 4.25 oz. (4 oz. plus 1 1/2 teaspoon) of the sodium bicarbonate/corn starch blend and 1.25 oz. (7 1/8 teaspoon) of citric acid.
1. If using a full size mold, prepare it by cutting out each cavity leaving a small 0.5 inch edge around the domes.
2. Before opening the sodium bicarbonate/corn starch bag, be sure to gently shake well and try to break down any clumps you might have. After opening, and before each use, be sure to blend the mixture well so that the sodium bicarbonate and corn starch are evenly distributed.
3. In a small bowl, place 4.25 oz (4 oz. plus 1 1/2 teaspoon) of sodium bicarbonate/corn starch blend and add approximately 10-15 drops of fragrance (do not use candle fragrance in body care products) being sure to mix well. If you would like a stronger fragrance, you can add a few drops at a time mixing well until desired aroma is reached.
4. At this point you are ready to add your color. Add about 25-30 drops of color into the fragranced mixture, blending well until completely incorporated throughout the powder. If you want your bath bombs darker, you can add more color a few drops at a time. Be sure to mix thoroughly.
5. Adding the water…..You will probably need less than a ½ teaspoon of water. Depending on how much liquid color you add, you might not even need to add water. Using a teaspoon, slowly add water in very small amounts continuously blending. Do this until the mix reaches a consistency that will allow it to be packed like a snowball, almost like the consistency of damp sand.
6. Once this is done, measure out 1.25 oz (7 1/8 teaspoon) of citric acid and add it into your prepared mix blending very well.
7. Take one top and bottom mold cavity and fill each one with the mixture, packing tightly and over fill them slightly.
8. Press both halves together and squeeze them tightly together. Promptly begin to gently remove one of the plastic molds from the bath bomb. Turn the bomb over into your hand and gently remove the second plastic mold. Note: If you need to smooth out the seam, you can do this by using the backside of a spoon and softly rubbing it around the seam. This will smooth it out and make the bomb look like a complete ball shape. Handle gently as the mix is not yet hardened and place on a smooth surface to dry.
9. Repeat steps 3-8 above for the remaining bath bombs.
10. Allow bath bombs to completely harden — about 24 hours.
Adult use only.
Our cosmetically-tested products are made with the best quality ingredients in the industry.
Unleash your creativty by making your own bath + body products in the comfort of your home.
MADE BY YOU
When you choose the ingredients that go into your products, you can control what you put on your body.
Your bath + body products are an important part of your self-care routine. Enjoy making them for yourself!
Enjoy the confidence of buying from a trust-worthy company established over 35 years ago.
Heat. Color. Pour.
Our high-quality soap bases provide incredibly impressive results for how easy they are to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Life of the Party products?
Life of the Party offers high-quality supplies for soapmaking and other bath + body products.
Where do you ship?
We currently ship within the continential United States.
When will I receive my order?
All orders placed by Noon Eastern are shipped within 1-3 business days. The shipping time will depend on your location and the options you choose during checkout.
Do you offer rush shipping?
Yes, you may upgrade to expidited shipping during the checkout process.
What is the return policy?
We are dedicated to our customers' happiness. So, if you are not satisfied with your product, write to us at email@example.com and we'll make it right!